Tuesday, March 20, 2012

DVD Releases for Tuesday March 20, 2012

Time to take a look at a selection of DVD releases for Tuesday March 20, 2012!

  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Fantastic adaptation of the John le Carre novel starring Gary Oldman, Colin Firth & Tom Hardy. I really enjoyed this slow burn espionage thriller.
  • The Muppets I didn't quite fall in love with this one as much as I had hoped, but I was strongly in the minority of that boat in this nostalgic walk down Muppet Lane.
  • Black Swarm Pretty freaking fun B-movie with a small-town on hard times setting, and a heck of a lot of killer wasps. Stars Sebastien Roberts, Sarah Allen and Robert Englund.
  • Possession I totally want to see this one as it has paranormal edge with woman who's brother in law and husband fall into comas and then someone ends up thinking they are the other. Stars Sarah Michelle Gellar, Lee Pace and Michael Landes & has a bit of a Ringer feel, no?
  • Battle Royale Highly regarded Japanese film based on the novel by Kōshun Takami that follows a group of high schoolers in a fight to the death. I've been meaning to watch it for ages, but I want to read the book first.
  • Battle Royale: The Complete Collection This 4 Disc DVD/3 Disc BluRay Set, Battle Royale (Director's Cut, Theatrical Cut), the 2003 sequel Battle Royale II: Requiem + LOTS of Exrras including The Making Of BATTLE ROYALE, Press Conference, Instructional Video: Birthday Version, Audition & Rehearsal Footage, Battle Royale Documentary and a lot more.
  • A Lonely Place to Die Great Absolutely chilling thriller that totally had me on the edge of my seat, it's one that every way I could describe it feels like it doesn't do it justice or gives too much away so I'll just jump out there and highly recommend it so you can decide for yourself! US folks rejoice at the price on Amazon.com of only $12.49 USD
  • CreatureI'll be curious to see how this one does on DVD as when it came out in the theatre last year it felt like the most consistent comment was about how it felt like a direct-to-DVD horror movie. Wasn't quite to my taste, and I'm a big B-Movie and horror fan.
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) David Fincher's redux of the acclaimed Swedish book & film.
  • The Sitter Comedy starring Jonah Hill as the more relaxed babysitter, ever.
  • National Lampoon's The Legend of Awesomest Maximus I think the title says it all!
  • Hop rounding things off with a Friday release and seasonal right before Easter this combo animated and live action film follows a man who teams up with a reluctant Easter Bunny.

Titles on Amazon.ca(Canada):



Titles on Amazon.com (US):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog