Monday, March 5, 2012

Book to Film Club March Reading: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

Photobucket

March 2012 Reading: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

This is the book I know the least about, but we've had several genre mash ups recently so why not try one out? It's written in epistolary-style (collection of documents which can include diaries entries, clippings, letters, etc; I had to look that word up!) including the perspective of Abraham Lincoln (yes, the 16th US president), as a vampire hunter. The trailer for the film recently came out and there are tons of videos, tours, Q&A's and interviews with cast, crew and even author Seth Grahame-Smith! I find it so exciting that there is so much to explore, but I'm going to hold off until I've gotten my teeth firmly in the book before exploring as one of the things I'm most looking forward to is the art direction & styling of the world created. I'm a huge fan of director Timur Bekmambetov (Night Watch / Nochnoi Dozor, Day Watch / Dnevnoy Dozor, Wanted) for his amazingly creative translated works and unique interpretive visual style.

The film is set to release June 22, 2012 and if you want a sneak peak at it you can watch the trailer below.



Join the Movie Moxie Book to Film Club at any time. For title announcements, Book to Film Club news and monthly selections you can sign up for email updates here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog