Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Alien 3 ~ Countdown to Promethues Vlog



Side Note: I've now started a You Tube channel called Shannon the Movie Moxie, and I have all the Aliens vlogs uploaded in their own playlist here. I will still continue to post the vlogs here as well as include the audio in the weekly Movie Moxie Podcast.

In anticipation of the Alien prequel film Prometheus I am am re-watch all four Alien films, and today we look at the not-as-often loved third film Alien 3.

Things I notice on this re-watch and mention in the vlog:
  • I mention the works of director David Fincher including Se7en, Fight Club, Zodiac, The Curious Cast of Benjamin Button, The Social Network and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011).
  • I mention The Paradise Theatre as one place I saw Alien 3, although originally I saw it on VHS.
  • I think that the character of Clemens played mention Charles Dance may be one of my favourite characters in film. I also mention he was in the recent Underworld film Underworld Awakenings.
  • I mention the themes of leadership, control and power in the film as well as the idea of being helpless plus the added tension of being in a contained space, a prison and the gender dynamics create so much tension.
  • It does have different look and feel from the first two aliens films, especially the inclusion of point-of-view visuals.
  • I ponder on if uniqueness in a series is something that people don't look forward to, and wonder if
  • The only barrier to Alien 3 I could find that people may have a challenge may be the British accents if you don't quite have an ear for them yet.
  • I do find that I don't love Alien 3 with the love I have for Alien or Aliens, but I still really, really enjoy it.
  • You can also hear my Prometheus Countdown reviews as a part of the Movie Moxie Podcast
  • See my vlog revisiting Alien here and Aliens here
  • The Aliens Quadrilogy is very much part of my family history, especially with my siblings Jamie, Suzie & Jason, click through to see their sites and awesome adventures!
Prometheus hits theatres on June 8, 2012.

Up next: I'll continue the Prometheus Countdown hitting up Alien Resurrection next!

There is still time to play along!
I'm watching 1 film a week for the Alien films but you can still play along with 2 films a weekend:
  • Power through all four Alien, Aliens Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection on this June 1, 2012 weekend (or any combination of the films you want to revisit)
  • Then you'll be all ready for Prometheus on June 8, 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog