We are back with the 7th Bond film where Sean Connery returns as Bond for Diamond Are Forever and they quickly reinstate his Bondness after the one and only film by George Lazenby with last weeks look at One Her Majesty's Secret Service. This time we are heading into the cold harshness of the 70's and Shannon quickly finds out what it was that stopped her first attempted at the Bondathon, and also commits to soldiering through and continuing on with the adventure this time around.
I do apologize that this is up a day later than planned, but the massive heat wave here in Toronto is making it a big challenging to do...anything...
Mentioned in this vlog:
- Diamonds are Forever stars Sean Connery as James Bond and is directed by Guy Hamilton.
- See the original Bondathon post with schedule and film listing, and my introductory vlog about the Bondathon.
- See my vlogs for previous films in the Bondathon with Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice and On Her Majesty's Secret Service
- You can also hear my Bondathon reviews as a part of the Movie Moxie Podcast
- I mention The Biggest Loser and indicated I may implement a 'yellow line' or 'red line' for the Bond films to separate the ones I like from the ones I actively dislike
- This is a film that I would put below the red line as I did actively dislike it for the gender stuff and harshness, plus I am seeing the trend that I don't usually like the US set films with 'odd villains' and gangsters.
- I mention the extreme heat wave here in Toronto at the moment. It's really hot. Stay safe out there!