Time to check in on our eight film of the Bondathon: Live or Let Die
Mentioned in this vlog:
- Live or Let Die stars Roger Moore as James Bond and is directed by Guy Hamilton
- See the original Bondathon post with schedule and film listing, and my introductory vlog about the Bondathon.
- I am starting to notice a theme of the plots of the Bond films being rather forgettable.
- I also notice that the stylings of the films are continuing to be one of my favourite things about films (except the high waisted pants!).
- I mention Yaphet Kotto who is in Live and Let Die as well as Alien & Homicide: Life on the Street.
- I talk a lot about the use of The Tarot in the film, in particular the fact that they switched decks at one point. The decks they use in the film are both The Tarot of the Witches (this is the correct name) as well as The Rider-Waite deck.
- Decks in the Film: The Tarot of the Witches and The Rider-Waite Deck (traditional)
- Decks I Show in the Review: The Yeagar Tarot of Meditation, Arcus Arcanum Tarot Deck and Morgan-Greer Tarot Deck (very traditional); plus a mystery deck! If you recognize it, please share the name!
- See my vlogs for previous films in the Bondathon with Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Diamonds are Forever
- You can also hear my Bondathon reviews as a part of the Movie Moxie Podcast
Live or Let Die Images:
Images of the Tarot Decks show in my video: